Happy Father’s Day to all you dads out there! Your sacrifices and love may often go “unnoticed,” but they are most definitely not unnoticed! Thank you for all that you do for your families and for our communities!
Now, let me also quickly add congratulatory well-wishes to the Twinkles whose graduations I forgot to mention last week. A very happy congratulations to Mawiie (grad school), Keya (grad school), Jane (undergrad), CM4 (college), and Afrida (middle school/junior high school)! Anyone else whose happy graduation I have forgotten? If so, let me know in the comments below so that I can give you a proper shout-out! 😉 Without further ado, here are this week’s announcements:
1. Our usual weekly posts continue this week. 🙂
2. After Tuesday, I’ll be officially on my summer work schedule, which I hope will mean a bit more free time to start incorporating all those changes that I’ve mentioned and/or hinted at for the past however many weeks. 🙂 Some of these new changes come in the form of new corners and revised corners, but the biggest one will come in the form of a “face lift” for our website. You can read about the corners here if you missed last week’s bulletin post.
3. In order to facilitate my ability to bring you Glorious Day recaps at a faster rate, especially the past episodes that I’ve missed like Ep. 14, Jules has kindly offered her screencapping services again. If some of you remember, the last time Jules and I collaborated on a series was for The King 2 Heart. We first started our collaborations with Rooftop Prince, which was loads of fun and definitely helped me get through the recapping process that much faster. I don’t know if some of you remember those recaps. 🙂
And so…in anticipation of this week’s “freer” schedule–once grades are posted on Tuesday night–Jules has already screencapped for me Episode 14 pictures; I already have pics for Ep. 13 done and just need to write the recap and musings. Anyhow, the reason why I mention her screencaps is that I almost died from laughing when I took a look at what pictures she used. LOL. Actually, to be more exact, it wasn’t actually the pictures but rather the comments accompanying the pictures that literally had me chuckling out loud. I think it’s safe to say that my family now thinks that the stress of grading has officially gone to my head. LOL. Little do they know that it’s actually something on this blog that caused me to chuckle. 🙂 I’ll try to incorporate some of her comments into my post when I get around to recapping Ep. 14 this week so that you can see what I’m talking about. 😉
4. This week’s “Wednesday What?!” challenge was answered in a record 7 minutes after the post was published. 7 minutes~! shl identified the series and scene, and then mawiie added the exact episode once she woke up and saw the post. As I said, we have some true Kdrama fans in our community. Personally, I’m curious just how many Twinkles will get this week’s challenge as I delve into the “distant” past of Kdramas. I hope you’re ready for the challenge this Wednesday! 😀
5. For those of you who can understand Korean relatively well and have been hankering to delve into a trove of older Kdramas (older than 10 years), I recently discovered a channel on YouTube called “MBC Classic.” You can access the page here, which shows the various uploads organized in playlist form for easy viewing. The great thing is that I was able to find hard-to-locate series like Nonstop (the one with Jo In Sung and Park Kyung Lim), Jealousy (Choi Jin Sil and Choi Soo Jong), What (on Earth) Is Love (too many A-list actors to even bother mentioning…let’s just say this series put a halt to Korean life during its broadcast hour with a 59.6% rating back in 1991-1992), Mother’s Sea (Ko Hyun Jung), Star in My Heart/Wish upon a Star (Choi Jin Sil, Ahn Jae Woo, Cha In Pyo, and Jeon Do Yeon), etc. Let me know if any of you venture into this little collection of dramas…literally, the playlist is endless. Truly. I basically stopped scrolling/clicking after several minutes.
I think that’s it for now. I hope you’re all enjoying our little forays through Kdramaland. I wish you a blessed Sunday as you start another week. Stay healthy, Twinkles!
And as it has become our weekly tradition now, I leave you with yet another beautiful smile from our turtle (from the series One Warm Word in which he portrays a father in honor of Father’s Day 😉 ).