Happy Sunday, Twinkles! I know that I’m late with this week’s announcements, but unfortunately, I didn’t get around to writing the post before I left for a camping this past weekend, so…I’m now writing the post after my exhausting but fun-filled camping trip with my church peeps. *abashed* It’s still Sunday, though, so better late than never, right? 😉
I hope you’re excited about the month of August because two of my favorite actors–and probably yours!–are about to return to the small screen. Intrigued? Without further ado, let’s take a look at the announcements I have for you this week!
1. Because I’ve been wanting to truly do What Happens to My Family some justice, I’ve decided to watch the 53-episode series from the very beginning and, hopefully, take you along with me on this Kdrama journey. 🙂 You’ll be seeing the first of this corner this week.
2. Also on the agenda for this week is the second and concluding segment to my Song Triplets calendar video. If you’re curious to see what the months of July through December look like, stay tuned! 🙂
Now, for the big news…
3. This month–yes, this month!–our beloved turtle (aka Lee Sang Woo) returns to the small screen in a new family drama called All about My Mom (부탁해요 엄마), starring an all-star cast headed Eugene, Kim Young Ae, etc. It’s slated for a Saturday-Sunday time on KBS2 and will air its first episode on August 15, 2015. In all honesty, I’m not sure how much I’ll be able to blog on this series since I’m teaching an overload this upcoming fall term, but you can bet that I’m going to be writing about it on some regular basis. I just haven’t figured out in what capacity. 😛 You can check out the preview below, compliments of KBSWorld on YouTube:
Unfortunately, the preview doesn’t show our turtle, but it does give us a good look at the family dynamics. 🙂
4. The other drama that’s popped up on my radar for August is the latest project by Choi Ji Woo, who’s been paired up with none other than Lee Sang Yoon, the other “Lee Sang” actor I adore, in a series about a mother who returns to college as her son enrolls in college himself. The series, Twenty Again, is set to replace Oh My Ghost in tvN’s Friday-Saturday lineup and will begin August 28, 2015. If you’d like a glimpse of the chemistry between the two leads, take a look below:
5. By now, all of you have probably heard of the much-anticipated pairing of So Ji Sub and Shin Min Ah in KBS’s upcoming comedy about two childhood friends. It’s tentatively set for a Monday-Tuesday schedule, and when the preview becomes available, you can be sure that I’ll be making a “mention” of it. 😉
6. Two of my little church minions urged me today at church to begin watching Joo Won‘s latest series Yong Pal. According to the fifteen-year-old years, they had a difficult time waiting a mere 24 hours for Episode 2 after they saw Episode 1. Heh. I guess it’s that good. If you’ve seen it, I’d love to hear your thoughts as well and whether you think I should take the plunge into this series.
7. Please don’t hesitate to send me suggestions for future blog posts–songs, pictures, etc. I appreciate any feedback and suggestions you give. After all, this is as much a fun romping place for you as it is for me, right? 😉
That’s all for this week’s bulletin announcements…Here’s our weekly dose of eye candies to launch us into another week:
If Mondays have you feeling like Kim Seul Gi in the above picture…
…just remember that Lee Jin Wook and a slew of Twinkles are cheering you on to another productive week! 😉
On this energized note, I wish you all a glorious week, Twinkles~! *Fighting!*