Hi, Twinkles! For those of you who celebrate Easter, happy Easter! 🙂 And if you don’t, I wish you a wonderful Sunday! 😉
Without further ado, let’s get started on this week’s announcements…
1. Bentley, our faithful little canine mascot turned 11 this past Saturday. If you missed the post, you can check it out here. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to film and upload a video of the birthday boy. *sigh* And I so wanted to show you a clip of Bentley and his cute antics. Ah well, there’s always next year, right? 😉
2. I debated whether or not to share this bit of information with you, but I realized that I should; otherwise, you’re going to begin to wonder if I’m ever going to blog about the Seoul 2014 trip or review those series from 2014 that I still have on my “to-do” list. For the past few months, life has been crazier than usual because I’m currently applying to a number of colleges for a tenure-track faculty position. Yes, that elusive tenure position in higher education. 😛 Anyhow, let’s just say that between the slew of applications/interviews and my usual teaching load, Real Life has been a series of deadlines and more deadline. If only the process was shorter…! *sigh* Hopefully, the craziness of this entire process ends soon, and I can finally settle back down to my usual routine. Until then, hang in there with me. 🙂
3. Update on Unkind Women: The plot thickens, everyone! The grandfather finally comes face-to-face with his family…including his wife! And the scene in which Lee Doo Jin and Lee Roo Oh’s youngest grandfather is mistaken for the father of Hyun Jung’s “child” is simply too priceless for words! Eeeks~! It was a good thing that I wasn’t drinking or eating anything during that scene, or I confess that I would have spewed out whatever was in my mouth. Truly, I was genuinely laughing out loud, so loudly, in fact, that Bentley looked over at me in puzzlement and shock. Heh. I guess he’s not used to my “rare” K-drama viewing habits. 😉 Sadly, the burgeoning love between Roo Oh and Ma Ri has hit a glitch as Roo Oh erroneously assumes that Ma Ri is seeing another man. *sigh* Silly man! He should just ask her and save us both–us and him!–the frustration and the heartache. In any case, while he’s distancing himself, his older brother is stepping up his game and making his interest known to Ma Ri. Hmmm…I don’t know whom I prefer right now. Both brothers have their attractive qualities….
4. My love-hate relationship continues with Lady of the Storm. My solution? I’ve resorted to simply watching the 30-second preview clips. Ha~! I’m sure this will drive some of you batty, but what can I say? I have odd K-drama viewing habits. *grins sheepishly*
5. Update on K-Pop Star 4: Today is the battle between the final three contestants if my information is correct. As expected, Jung Seung Hwan has made it to the penultimate episode of the competition. With him are two other contestants, Katie Kim and Lee Jin Ah. In this episode, the three contestants will perform a “special stage” performance with artists from the three studios: Suzy (JYP‘s miss A) will be performing with Jung Seung Hwan, Lee Hi (YG and semi-finalist of K-Pop Star 1) with Katie Kim, and Kwon Jin Ah (Antenna Music and semi-finalist of K-Pop Star 3) with Lee Jin Ah. Yes, the two Jin Ahs are combining forces for what promises to be a powerful duet. From here, one of the contestants will be eliminated and the remaining two to perform next week for the title of K-Pop Star Season 4 winner. Although I haven’t seen the women’s performances, I find it difficult to imagine one of them winning in light of the high praise that’s been already showered on Jung Seung Hwan’s head by the three studio execs. I guess only time will tell…we’ll find out soon enough next week! 🙂
That’s all for this week. As today is Easter Sunday, I thought that I would deviate a bit from our weekly eye candy pictures and share with you a picture of one of the things that gives me continued hope in the face of the ever-present daily doses of hopelessness I see in Real Life.
I wish you all a blessed Easter Sunday, everyone!