Happy Sunday, Twinkles! 🙂 I have some great news for you today and then some not-so-great news…at least for some of us. For others, one particular piece of news on today’s bulletin board will be a source for celebration and great rejoicing, I’m sure. 😉
Without further ado, let’s get started on this week’s announcements…
1. Let’s just get the big announcement over with first so that some of us can mourn the passing of an era and the start of a new one while others can celebrate: Kim Woo Bin has replaced So Ji Sub as the model for SIEG Fahrenheit! *pauses to allow for wails and/or hooplas* One of Korea’s sophisticated men’s clothing line has chosen to move “forward” with a new model, and if its choice is indicative of trends in Korea, I think it’s safe to say that not only has Kim Woo Bin replaced So Ji Sub in one of my favorite ad campaigns, but that this change is definitely ushering in the era of “Kim Woo Bin.” If I wasn’t sure before, I am now: Kim Woo Bin is most definitively the “it” guy. It’ll be interesting to see if he can forge a lasting career in the same vein as SJS did/does with his. In any case, I’ll be certainly tuning in to see how Woob brings his own splash of “classy and sophisticated” to the campaign. As for my dear SJS, he’s had an incredible run as SIEG’s model. 🙂
2. The month of May marks what I term as “family” month on the Korean calendar. Why, you ask? Let’s see…May 5th is “Children’s Day” in which Korea celebrates children…obviously. 😉 Then on May 8th, Korea celebrates both mothers and fathers in “Parents Day” unlike the U.S. where I live; we celebrate mothers and fathers on separate days and months here in the U.S. In any case, in honor of this family month, I’ll be holding a little giveaway, so stay tuned as it’ll start May 1st and end May 7th. I’m looking forward to it, especially since I haven’t sponsored a giveaway since March (here).
3. The challenge of this past week’s “Wednesday What?!” still remains unanswered, a situation which surprises me given the popularity of the show. Hmmm…Are many of you refraining from answering because you figure others will? LOL. If you haven’t had a chance to check it out, do so here and see if you can solve the challenge. 🙂
4. On April 30th, one of my favorite music groups, The Tourist, will be releasing their newest song, and I’ve been asked to provide them with the English translation to the lyrics so that non-Korean speakers can understand the lyrics. Cool, huh? 🙂 If I understood correctly, this song will be used by Jeju Tourism Organization in its efforts to promote tourism for the island. Rest assured that as soon I get access to the music video, I’ll let you know as well. 🙂 All I can tell you for now is that I like the new song. 😉
5. Just a reminder that we have a number of fun dramas set to debut in May. Hmmm…it’s going to be a very busy month for some of you as you try to keep up with all the great new shows. Unfortunately for me, I’m back to my 1-2 series quota. *sigh* Ah well…for now, I’ve got The Time I Loved You, 7000 Days (Ha Ji Won and Lee Jin Wook) and Warm and Cozy (Yoo Yeon Seok and Kang So Ra) on my radar…but then there’s the much-touted Producer (Gong Hyo Jin, Kim Soo Hyun, IU, and Cha Tae Hyun) that starts May 8th, so who knows if I’ll be able to remain disciplined in my K-drama viewing. 😛
That’s all for this week’s bulletin announcements…Here’s our weekly dose of eye candies to launch us into another week:
This picture makes me want to learn how to skateboard…
…and Kim Seul Gi always makes me smile at her cute antics. 😉 Incidentally, anyone else think that her top is adorable?
On the tails of these happy pictures, I wish you all a glorious week, Twinkles~! *Fighting!*